International Actions Against Industrial Wind Power
North American Platform Against Windpower stands with the groups around the world protesting the harmful construction of giant wind turbines.
- Copenhagen, Denmark, April 22, 2010 — against clearing of forests for wind energy facility
- Toronto, Ontario, April 28, 2010
- Tokyo, Japan, April 30, 2010 — conference
- Bologna, Italy, April 30, 2010 — ministerial meeting
- Berlin, Germany, May 15, 2010
- Ranch Massif du Sud, Saint-Philémon, Québec, June 21, 2010
- Knutstorp Castle, Sweden, August 29, 2010 — concert
- Edinburgh, Scotland, March 12, 2011
- Sylt, Germany, March 26–27, 2011 — symposium
The organizations, businesses, and individuals of the North American Platform Against Windpower stand in solidarity with these protesters.
We are with you!
And we urge all who question the claims of the industrial wind industry, all who recognize the need for a "reality check", to join you or send notes of support (such as these from Québec, Sweden, Spain, the U.K., Germany, and France to the people of Ontario and these to the people of Germany).
You speak for all communities forced to defend their natural heritage and quality of life, their homes and health, against the political-industrial-financial juggernaut of big wind.
They have money and the power it buys, but we have the truth and will not be silent!
Together, fearlessly, we will stop this destructive boondoggle!
For more information about the events mentioned in this statement, follow the web links provided or contact:
- Ontario: Sherri Lange, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Japan: Yuki Tsuruta Oike, email@example.com
People will come from all over Japan and talk about wind farms. Some are victims of low-frequency sound from wind turbines. Some are acting against plans for building more wind turbines. A manifesto against wind farms will be adopted at the end of the conference.
- Italy: Comitato Monte dei Cucchi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germany: Marco Bernardi, email@example.com, or Jutta Reichardt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweden: Peter Skeel Hjorth, email@example.com
- Scotland: Denise Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org